Home Again! Jiggity Jig

jekyll island.jpg

I know I haven’t written in a while. As you know, I was at my mom’s house for a long weekend. I have to say my worries were not as much of an issue as I thought. We only butted heads some of the time. Part of the issue is my mom is as stubborn as I am… or vice versa. The first complaint I have is my mom has Hugesnet for internet. OMG I thought my internet was slow but her internet is ridiculous. Multiple calls to her service provider later we decided it was all my brother’s fault.

Speaking of my brother, what a weasel he turned out to be. He is so good at manipulating my mom. Pisses me off but there isn’t much I can do. She lets him and he doesn’t care. Most of his bills are paid for and he can just lay around all day and mom doesn’t say anything. He recently got hurt and spent the entire weekend with an unneeded cane and snuggling with his girlfriend. His girlfriend, only his second, is very nice. She wears some outrageous make up to hide a large nasal bridge. I think she looks fine but we are always our own worst enemies when it comes to vanity. My mom and I speak of her as the “Unicorn” in complete love and play. God bless anyone who can put up with my brother.

Other than internet issues, wanting to poke my brother, and the 95% humidity the weekend went by fast. My mom had a honey do list for me and I was very willing to assist. I have found that the Georgia Time has creeped up on my family. That is nothing ever gets done. Kind of like Island Time but in Georgia. I would get up around 8 am, and only so late cause I would go to bed around 2am, and nothing would get started until 11am. For a person who works for a living, that really frustrated me. Of all the things on my “to do list” only 1.5 things got done. I did get my drink on though. Bought some craft beer for us to try. Got to say my mom doesn’t hold her beer very well but she is fun while she is trying.

Mom and I watched football out on the island and got a little toasted. I think I made a poor black man blush. And if you don’t know that is very hard to do. We got to play on the beach and watch the Broncos beat the Colts to the ground. I also found out that my mom drunk text too. My roommate was very impressed stating that she writes better drunk then sober.

It is hard for me to see the farm melt away. That is exactly what it is doing—melting. We replaced boards on my mom’s chicken coop doorway. I would say 85% of the boards had rotted away and the bugs had the other 15%. Not only that the horse fences are coming down. It will take a few years of dedicated work to get everything back in order. Makes me sad. Also makes me grateful that I live in an area that is only a max 60% humidity.

So while little was accomplished it was great to visit home. I see my mom in another 12 days or so for our big trip to see the Big Jesus. Maybe she will actually pose next time.

mom beach.jpg

Advertisements

Author: StarOfGrace

Hello, how are you? I never know what to put in this spot. I turned 30 this last year (2015) and moved three times. I enjoy moving and normally do so every 3-5 years; sometimes less. I love to travel, read, be outdoors, watch movies, cooking, drinking, meeting new people. I am always up for a new adventure. I work in Law Enforcement and it keep me very busy. I have two wonderful cats that sometimes tell me that I do ok as a pet momma. If you are curious about anything just ask! Thank you Ester

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s