Do-over Day!


I think we should get a Do-over Day once a month. Just a day we can said this failed and try again the next day. I think it would totally work. Of course, probably would spend my Do-over day sleeping. So on my “Sunday” which really was a Thursday I ran to the big town to stock up on supplies and get to the dentist. Well I got up bright and early and started the three hour drive. I had picked out a cute outfit just because I wasn’t in my uniform. I made my toast and red bull for breakfast. I had my book on tape. Hyperion by Dan Simmons is a 1989 Hugo Award winning classic sci-fi novel. It involves a group of six on a pilgrimage to the planet Hyperion. What I have found to be so fantastic with this novel is that on their way to Hyperion they each tell their life story that lead them to this pilgrimage. The author is overly capable at speaking in all these voices. It is downright sunning. You are fully pulled into their lives as they tell their story. When the story breaks, as the characters are moving from ship to planet or boat to feet, you are snapped back to the “present” remembering that we are all traveling toward the Holy Time Tombs. It is a fantastic story. But I digress…

I made the drive in good time. The sun was in my eyes most of the way but oh well. I stopped at Wal-Mart. (Yes my closest Wal-Mart is 100 miles away.) This isn’t even a super Wal-Mart. They didn’t have some of the items that I primarily stopped for. Damn you Wal-Mart for letting me down!!! After checking out, depressed on spending nearly $200 on I don’t know what, I noticed my truck was making a noise. I checked all the fluids and everything seemed to be normal except, of course, for this loud ticking noise. Dishearten, I went to my next stop. The mall so that I could stop at Kay’s to order a necklace for my mom’s Christmas present. This is the present my brother is getting her but he scammed me into looking for him. Well the power was out at the mall. A little surprised I decided to come back after my other stops. I returned to my poor pitiful truck and drove downtown to a store that had a sweater I have been pining for. Well they don’t have it anymore and after checking 3 other stores I turned up a zero. Even more dishearten I decided it was time for lunch and a beer. I had intended to refill a growler anyways. I got a flight of beer so that I could pick the best one. Well I felt their choices were very limited but picked the best one. Lunch itself was a Cuban Sandwich with fries which probably was the best part of my day. I even had left overs for lunch the next day.

After lunch I went back to the mall. Power was still out in places but I went to some of my favorite shops looking for new blouses. I have rearranged my closet and found that I really didn’t have any casual, cute blouses. I was able to find a couple but nothing that really called out to me. I had found out that there was a workman doing some jackhammering at the mall and he hit an underground power line and electrocuted himself. From what I heard he was alive but at the hospital. Kays was open and I talked with a very nice looking gentleman about the thickness and weave of the necklace I needed. He was extremely helpful and it wasn’t until the drive home that I realized he had assisted me before. I had a ring custom made as a unneeded present to myself for graduating this job’s academy. The points were too high and I kept catching it in my pocket. He was able to send it out to get them lowered and then shipped it to my house. All covered by my warranty. Anyhow, thinking I had the information I needed to order the necklace over the phone at my brother’s local store I left for my dentist appointment.

The appointments are always quick and I was glad I got so much done before the appointment so that I could go directly home afterwards. The dentist said they need to adjust my braces in the next visit. (I have invisalign braces. See: New Braces ) He wanted to schedule it while I was on my next trip. I told him that wouldn’t work out and I can make the drive down again before I leave. So, thinking I have to make another 6 hour trip for a quick adjustment I left for home. Once on the lonely highway home. I called the Kay’s store near my brother’s home so that they could order it and he could pick it up. I talked to a very firmly rude lady that told me I couldn’t order over the phone. I said that I just talked to a guy who said it is no problem. She wanted his name to “set ‘im straight.” I did not give out the name but proceeded to call back to the lovely-on-the-eyes-gentleman and he said he would take care of everything.

Made it home for dinner that my roomie made and an episode of Blacklist. Tired, sore, and worried about my truck I went to bed with my purr box and hoped that the next day would be better.



Author: StarOfGrace

Hello, how are you? I never know what to put in this spot. I turned 30 this last year (2015) and moved three times. I enjoy moving and normally do so every 3-5 years; sometimes less. I love to travel, read, be outdoors, watch movies, cooking, drinking, meeting new people. I am always up for a new adventure. I work in Law Enforcement and it keep me very busy. I have two wonderful cats that sometimes tell me that I do ok as a pet momma. If you are curious about anything just ask! Thank you Ester

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s